2011 Singapore Trip

I was given a Travel Incentive for reaching the sales quota last year. So off I went to Singapore and Malaysia with John and the rest of the awardees.

I cannot help but laugh when I remember the things we experienced during the trip. The trip from Davao to Cebu was uneventful. And I would like to thank my co-sales directors who offered their seat just to ensure that John and I sat adjacent to each other on the plane. Thank you. 🙂
For whatever reason, Cebu Pacific was late that day. And so we arrived in Cebu more than an hour late. The plane for Singapore could not leave because of us. Of course, if they did, we would have been mad, really really mad.. haha. It wasn’t our fault that they were late right? So it’s just proper for them to wait for all of us!

Imagine us, running from one end of the airport to the other. Obviously there was a short cut, but since there were no directions , we got lost. All 19 of us were given the last call already when we finally found the terminal we were supposed to board in. 🙂

The trip to Singapore took 3 hours from Cebu. It was already midnight when we reached there. We were picked up by our tour guide and was brought to the hotel by bus. The hotel was in a small road and we were told that the bus could not get in there, so we took our luggages and rolled them in to the hotel. Only to find out that we’re at the wrong one. If we weren’t so tired then, we would all have laughed about it. But we were, tired , that is… And sleepy. And hungry. So we could no longer maintain our sense of humor.

After rolling our luggages to the bus again and a few more streets later, the tour guide found the hotel. Our hearts sank. We were put in a hotel at the red light district of Singapore. You’d see the prostitutes around you, young and old alike. When I say old, I mean, at least 40 year old women. You’d think I am kidding right? But no I am not. It’s sad that these women probably thinks  like there is no other option for them.

We were just so glad , after checking in, because we could finally sleep. But when we reached our room,  John and I had to laugh. It was so small, it was difficult to move. I stood on the floor while I washed my hair in the bathtub. That’s how small the bathroom and the tub was. ha ha

Oh well, I’m just glad that we got here, safe and sound.

Time to rest as tomorrow will be a very busy day…

Ciao for now my friends!



Lea C. Walker




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s